Great Grow Out
Want to volunteer, but can't make it out to the prairie? The Great Grow Out allows volunteers to grow plants in the comfort of their own home, and then return the seedlings to KPC for restoration projects!
Don't forget to keep a few for your garden!
2016 Seeds Available March 1st!
If you'd like to be a part of this year's Great Grow Out, please email Lan Shen to request seeds. Each seed packet has enough seeds for 18, 4"X4" pots.
- Rattlesnake Master (Eryngium yuccifolium)
- Texas Coneflower (Rudbeckia texana)
- American Basketflower (Centaurea americana) (Seed this annual fall through winter; summer bloomer.)
- Yellow Indiangrass (Sorghastrum nutans)
- Purple Lovegrass (Eragrostis spectabilis)
Ready to return your seedlings for use in a restoration project? Email Lan, or give KPC a call at 713-523-6135!
Learn To Grow Plants
Don't have a green thumb but want to try growing natives? Take a look through our handbook or watch the videos below to get started!
Videos for Growers:
Participate in a seed collecting trip
We host seed collecting trips throughout the year. Email Jaime Gonzalez if you are interested in seed collecting.
Species information cards
Click on one of the species cards below for more detailed information about how each species benefits people and wildlife!